If you want to start an organization at Lindenwood University, here's how you can do it.
To start an organization:
- Make sure the same organization doesn’t already exist by clicking on “Involve U” in your student portal and searching for the organization.
- Recruit eight (8) students who are interested in being in your organization.
- Find an Lindenwood University faculty or staff member to be your advisor.
- Create a constitution, ensuring that the highlighted areas are included. Click here for template.
- Once you have the above steps complete, click on “Involve U” in your student portal.
- Click on “Organizations”
- Click on “Register a New Organization.”
- Complete all components of the 2017-2018 Recognized Student Organization Registration Form - New Organization, including uploading your constitution, submitting a roster of at least eight (8) members and a faculty/staff advisor, etc.
- If you are a student religious group, meet with Dr. Nichole Torbitzky, to complete the necessary paperwork with the Chaplain's Office.
- Once you have completed the above steps, meet with the Lindenwood Student Government President regarding your purpose, governing documents, and role in Lindenwood Student Government, and to schedule a presentation to the General Assembly.
- Present before the General Assembly for voting.