Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Are services at the Student Counseling and Resource Center (SCRC) free?

  • Yes, services are free and available to current Lindenwood undergraduate or graduate students.

Can employees of Lindenwood University receive services from the SCRC?

  • No. Employees should contact Personal Assistance Services (PAS), the University Employee Assistance Program (EAP), to inquire about counseling services at 1 (800) 356-0845. PAS hours of operation are Monday – Thursday from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

Is insurance needed to schedule an appointment?

  • No. When students schedule an appointment no insurance is required.

How is an appointment scheduled?

  • Students must schedule their own appointment. They can call the SCRC appointment desk at (636) 949-4522. The scheduling process can be done independently or with the support of a friend, family member, faculty or staff member.

Does the SCRC provide assistance with emotional support animals?

  • No. For assistance or questions in regards to emotional support animals please contact Jeremy Keye, Manager of the Student Support and Accessibility Program, at (636) 949-4510 or

Does the SCRC provide couples counseling and marital counseling?

  • No. However, if you need assistance finding a counselor in the community call the SCRC appointment desk at (636) 949-4522.

What are the standards of confidentiality in the office?

  • The SCRC maintains strict confidentiality in accordance with professional, legal and ethical guidelines. Other than authorized staff, no one has access to any counseling records unless you sign a written request for disclosure. This authorization is required to share any information, even verification of attendance with the university.

  • Exceptions to Confidentiality – If you indicate that you are a danger or threat to yourself or to another person, state and federal law require and allow mental health professionals to break confidentiality to ensure your or another person’s safety. In addition, if you are under 18 years of age, your parents may have the legal right to review your treatment records. Your counselor would discuss such a request with you before complying.

Can the Wellness Center prescribe psychotropic medication?

  • Yes, the SCRC can refer clients to BJC within the Wellness Center. BJC can prescribe some psychotropic medications. If they can’t prescribe the medication a client needs, the client will be referred out to a psychiatrist in the community.
Lindenwood University
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301