Skip to Main Content

Signs that Your Student May Need Support from the Student Counseling and Resource Center (SCRC)

  • Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly
  • Changes in appetite; dramatic weight loss or weight gain
  • Changes in behavior and/or personal hygiene
  • Extreme mood swings
  • Feeling sad or depressed for more than 2 weeks
  • Giving things away
  • Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs
  • Lack of focus on anything but the problem
  • Lack of motivation or ability to concentrate
  • Looking for a way to kill themselves, like searching online or buying a gun
  • Not communicating
  • Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge
  • Sleeping too little or too much
  • Talking about being a burden to others
  • Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live
  • Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain
  • Unexpected outbursts of anger or crying
  • Withdrawing or isolating themselves from activities and people they used to enjoy

How to Help Your Student

  • Encourage counseling. Students must schedule their own appointment. They can call the Student Counseling and Resource Center (SCRC) appointment desk at (636) 949-4522 or come into the office. The scheduling process can be done independently, or with the support of a friend, family member, faculty or staff member.
  • Curious about confidentiality? The SCRC cannot share information with you about your student, unless a release of information is signed by the student granting the SCRC permission to do so.

Community Mental Health Resources

24/7 Mental Health Resources

  • Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
  • Behavioral Health Response: 314-469-6644 or 1-800-811-4760
  • Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
  • For a comprehensive list.
Lindenwood University
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301