Lindenwood University supports pro-active crime prevention to make our campus and living areas a safer place to learn, live, and work. Additional tools we use are as follows:
- Blue-Light Assistance Telephones located on the Parking lots.
- Telephones throughout the buildings.
- 24-hour preventative patrol by Public Safety Officers.
- Walking escorts available.
- Closed-Circuit Television monitoring in some locations.
The University's crime prevention program is based on minimizing criminal opportunities whenever possible and encouraging students and employees to take an active role in their own personal security and the security of others.
Our safety personnel will also utilize a number of strategies and activities specifically designed to educate the community regarding sexual assault issues and to promote awareness of rape, acquaintance rape, and other sex offense prevention strategies.