First-Year Programs is pleased to host many programs, events, and initiatives dedicated to supporting first-year Lions! We hope you'll take advantage of:
- First-Year Programs is excited to roll out a new student organization dedicated specifically to Freshmen! The Lindenwood Freshmen Council serves to provide first-year students a voice and part in planning and implementing freshmen programming. Freshmen Council will host and support impactful programs throughout the course of the academic year.
- Freshmen Council is made up of freshmen representatives from each of the LNO course sections and at-large members.
- Interested in joining Freshmen Council? Contact Dacoda Scarlett at DScarlett@Lindenwood.edu or 636.949.4454 for more information!
- LNO Representatives will be nominated by their faculty members and contacted by the Freshmen Council advisor in early September.
- At-large members should contact Dacoda as stated above.
- Come celebrate the closing of Freshman Year with us! This fun, laid-back event is dedicated to YOU! We are proud of the work you have put into your first year here at Lindenwood and we invite you to celebrate with us.
- Free t-shirts for the first 200 students
- Ice Cream social
- April 19th, 2018 from 3:30-5:30PM
- LARC 3rd Floor Atrium
- Lion Launch is a pre-orientation, online course designed to ease the transition to Lindenwood for incoming students.
- Lion Launch is not required, but highly encouraged!
- Students can watch the video below to learn how to find & access Lion Launch in Canvas.
First-Year Programs (FYP) recently created a system-wide advising syllabus to be used by students during advising meetings. The generic Advising Syllabus can found here. Each Academic School has also created a school-specific Advising Syllabus that students can reach by contacting either their advisor or Lion Life Coach.
- SASS mentors can help students with adjustment to the college environment, as well as assist in the development of important study skills, such as time-management, note-taking, and overall study strategy.
- SASS mentors are available to both first-year students and upperclassmen.
- SASS mentors are FREE for all undergraduate Lindenwood students
- Email SASS@lindenwood.edu to schedule an appointment!