Lindenwood University Meal Plan General Q&A
We’re excited to share with you our new partnership with Sodexo for dining services! Several changes are coming to the Evans Commons and Spellmann Dining Halls this fall along with new opportunities for you to utilize your meal plan. As a result of these changes, the following Q&A has been developed.
Who is Sodexo?
- Sodexo North America is part of a global Fortune 500 company with a presence in 53 countries. Sodexo specializes in sustainable food and valued experiences at every moment in life: learn, work, heal and play.
What will be impacted in the dining halls?
- We’re excited to announce the return of Chick-Fil-A, Qdoba, and Starbucks. In addition, there will be new product offerings at Evans Dining and additional projects are in progress for 2024!
What about the meal plan(s)? Have they changed?
- Freshmen will be required to purchase the Lion’s Pride meal plan for the 2023-24 academic year. Returning and transfer resident students may choose from the following:
- LION'S PRIDE (FRESHMAN REQUIREMENT) 19 MEALS PER WEEK + $100 DINING DOLLARS
- Plan provides 19 meals per week at any dining location on campus, along with $100 Dining Dollars per semester for extra sides or an afternoon snack. Use up to three meal swipes per day, Monday through Friday, at any location during hours of operation. Two meal swipes per day on Saturday/Sunday.
- LION'S ROAR 15 MEALS PER WEEK + $250 DINING DOLLARS
- Offering more flexibility for the student with a different roar. 15 meals per week available with $250 Dining Dollars per semester. Unused Dining Dollars from the fall will transfer to the spring if a qualified meal plan is selected for the spring!
- LION'S ROAM 10 MEALS PER WEEK + $350 DINING DOLLARS
- Crazy schedule? As the lion roams, so may your schedule. This plan offers 10 meals per week with $350 Dining Dollars as the most flexible plan. Unused Dining Dollars from the fall will transfer to the spring if a qualified meal plan is selected for the spring!
- NEW ADDITION – LION’S DINE $1,800 DINING DOLLARS
- Sometimes upperclassmen with very unique schedules require a very unique plan that allows flexibility to utilize meals on an as-needed basis. Up to $350 Dining Dollars will transfer to the spring if a qualified meal plan is selected for the spring!
Why are freshmen limited to the Lion’s Pride meal plan?
- The Lion’s Pride is a freshmen requirement because it is easy to manage and ensures students do not run out of meals prior to the end of the semester. Most incoming freshmen are adapting to living away from home and the Lion’s Pride meal plan makes sure students are set up for success.
Has anything else changed with meal plans?
- As part of the food service restructuring, Evans Dining will be identified as residential dining and all other locations will be retail dining. Residential dining is typically considered an “all you care to eat” environment, whereas retail dining locations are identified as options that are “a la carte”. Students will have the flexibility to use their meal swipe at Evans for access to “all you care to eat” options or they can use their meal swipe up to 12 times per week (depending upon meal plan selection) at Spellmann Dining retail locations for a meal combo.
Is Grubhub still available?
- Yes! Grubhub is available at the Spellmann Dining Hall and Starbucks. In addition, Grubhub will be utilized for a new late-night option!
What’s the deadline for selecting a meal plan?
- Because of the significant changes to dining services, the deadline for selecting a meal plan for the fall semester for non-freshmen will be extended to Noon, CST on Friday, August 26. Only one meal change is allowed after the fall semester meal plan begins on Saturday, August 19. Future deadlines will occur on the Friday prior to the start of the semester. Students can select their meal plan at the time of housing registration through their StarRez online account.
What if I don’t choose a meal plan by the deadline?
- Students that do not select a meal plan by the deadline will be automatically registered for the Lion’s Pride meal plan. Your meal plan will not be active until you officially check-in each semester with Residential Life.