A brief insight of the organization and its functionality
Lindenwood Residential Hall Association is a student-run university residence hall governing body that focuses on campus living. The organization is primarily focused on giving residents a greater voice to facilitate change in their halls. It is also concerned with—but not limited to—promoting and conducting:
- Various educational programs and activities that build community among residents.
- Conducting and implementing hall betterment initiatives—which are ideas that seeks to improve the quality of the hall as a whole within a reasonable fashion.
- Communicating policy issues and finding ways to resolve them as well as proposing changes to policies in the hall.
Each hall will consist of one or more representatives that coordinate RHA initiatives. Residents of each hall are encouraged to play an active role in their hall’s RHA. Meetings will be held by the Hall representatives.
In addition, an executive council that consists of one representative from each hall will lead a general assembly to discuss issues, proposals, and other changes for specific hall or on a campus wide platform. RHA executive council meeting will be held once a month and will be supervised by RHA Advisors. Representatives from each hall are allowed to attend the council meeting but only one vote will be recognized per hall.
When campus wide initiatives are proposed, committees will be made to handle the components that the proposals dictate/need in order to be submitted. Whereas hall specific proposals will be developed by the representatives in that hall.
RHA is a separate entity from Lindenwood Student Government. RHA focuses on implementing changes and furthering the betterment of individual halls by individual hall councils and (or) the executive council.
Some Benefits of Joining RHA
- It is a very prestigious role that can be displayed on a resume.
- It helps build leadership, organizational, group dynamic, conflict management, and communication skills (verbal, written and cross-cultural). These skills will help you to excel in the work field.
- It enhances the community of campus living through active changes.
- It serves as a means of networking and it is a great way to meet new people.
- RHA representatives will receive early access for housing sign ups.
We hope you consider being a part of RHA and partner with us in our mission to create a thriving community within your residential home.
- Residence Halls
- Student Organizations
- Fraternity & Sorority Life