Fraternities and sororities are rooted in founding principles that foster academic achievement, student involvement, community service, and life-long friendships. Other advantages include:
- A support group to help ease the adjustment to college.
- Academic resources to help students achieve their goals.
- Leadership skills acquired through hands-on experiences.
- Encouragement to become and remain involved, both on campus and in the community.
- Opportunities for active participation in community service and philanthropic projects.
Being a member of a fraternity or sorority also provides you with leadership, teamwork, and professional skills that will set you apart when entering the workforce. In addition, being an affiliated man or woman provides you with a large network of alumni around the world that understand our shared experiences and the skills we have learned. This, in turn, can give you a greater opportunity for employment and/or advancement.