Beginning in Fall 2021, students will creatively problem-solve today’s most pressing issues in teaching, learning and development. The online Doctor of Education in Leadership program is a 48 credit-hour, three-year, cohort-based learning experience, offering students an opportunity to develop and transform educational processes, practices and organizations, implement design thinking principles, applied research methodology and emerge as a scholar-practitioner. Each fall and spring scholar design teams, including content experts and students, engage in the process of design thinking, research and developing a problem-based dissertation. Doctoral students, along with members of the scholar design team will receive individual and ongoing support throughout the Ed.D. experience. During the application process, students will select an area of concentration; Curriculum & Instruction or Education Administration (Missouri Advanced Superintendent Certification).
Faculty in the Leadership Ed.D. program utilize open educational resources (OER’s), eliminating the cost of textbooks and providing access to the most current research. As a part of the School of Education’s Digital Initiative students will access all program materials via an iPad, which may be purchased through the university, or on a comparable device of their own.
All courses will be asynchronous, with planned synchronous sessions tailored to facilitate the course outcomes, as student engagement is a recognized best practice.
- Develop and transform educational processes, practices and organizations.
- Implement design thinking principles and applied research methodologies.
- Emerge as a scholar practitioner.
Strong applicants for the Leadership Ed.D. program will meet the following criteria:
- 3.0 GPA in earned graduate degree
- Experience as educational leaders to include teaching, administration, non-profit, or corporate work experience
- Excellent academic and personal expression skills
- Complete the Lindenwood University online application, the
Leadership Ed.D. Supplemental Application, request four
references, submit resume and official graduate transcripts
- The Leadership Admissions Team will review and score all
- Selected applicants will receive email instructions to complete
a video response to six questions related to theory, research
- Members of the Leadership Admissions Team scores the
applicant’s video response for clarity and content.
- Applicants offered admission will receive letters of acceptance
with a link to complete the Leadership Ed.D. onboarding no later
than July 15.
- Classes begin!