Assistant Professor, Educational Leadership
Roemer Hall 001D
Dr. Nasser is an experienced professional with over 16 years of administrative experience in higher education administration prior to becoming a faculty member in fall 2016. He earned his bachelor's degree from Saint Louis University, his master's at Western Illinois University, and his Ph.D. from Saint Louis University. Nasser served in residence life capacities at Florida International University, Miami University, University of Dayton, and McKendree University. He also served in career services, academic advising, orientation, judicial affairs, and Title IX capacities. Nasser developed significant research interests in social justice education, supervision, men’s issues, and campus safety during his professional career. His interest in men’s issues led to the publication of two conference articles and a collaborative national presentation. Nasser’s passion for social justice developed into presentations for students, staff, and faculty. His interest in supervision led to a referred publication and three national presentations on the topic. Nasser taught courses on student transition to college, leadership, service learning, group dynamics, public policy, educational foundations, and student development theory.
- History of Higher Education
- Intersectionality and self-identity
- The impact of social class on life choice
- Professional Staff Supervision
- Social issues and inclusion
- Threat assessment and emergency management
- Nasser is currently running a study on the impact of supervision on feelings of inclusion. The study will conclude in December 2019.
- Calhoun, D.W. & Nasser, R.M. (2013), Skills and perceptions of entry-level staff supervision, Georgia Journal of College Student Affairs., 20-34
- Price-Williams, S., Sasso, P., & Nasser, R. (2019). Advocating equity and community through residential learning programs. In J. Hoffman, P. Blessinger, and M. Makhanya. (Eds.) Strategies for facilitating inclusive campuses in higher education: International perspectives on equity and inclusion (innovations in higher education teaching and learning, Vol. 17), Emerald Publishing Limited, pp. 223-235.
- Nasser, R.M. (2017). Creating a campus environment for international students (Review of the book Developing the global student: Higher education in an era of globalization, by David Killick).Journal of International Students. 7 (4), 1152-1156.
- Nasser, R.M. & Karraker, H. (2018). Lifelong learning through a higher education lens. Journal of Educational Leadership in Action. 5 (2).
- Nasser, R.M. (2019). Perspectives of professional development on supervision skills. Journal of Educational Leadership in Action. 6 (1).
- Sasso, P., Nasser, R. & Price-Williams, S. (2019). Improving bridge programs on American college and university campuses. In J. Hoffman, P. Blessinger, and M. Makhanya. (Eds.) Strategies for facilitating inclusive campuses in higher education: International perspectives on equity and inclusion (innovations in higher education teaching and learning, Vol. 17), Emerald Publishing Limited, pp. 197-207.
- Music, specifically moderate to hard rock. Nasser loves concerts and experiencing live music.
- Hiking trails
- Movies - He has an extensive collection. Some mainstream and…some not.
- Comics-especially classic Marvel