Skip to Main Content

Special Education Minor and Add-On Certification (K-12)

Lindenwood University offers you the chance to earn a minor in special education (K-12) or earn a special education add-on certification.

Students seeking special education certification must complete a major in early childhood education, elementary education, middle school education, or minor in secondary education (9-12) or K-12 education and, in addition, complete the requirements for the special education add-on, as listed below.

Upon completion of all coursework, the student’s transcript will also reflect special education as a minor.

Courses must be carefully planned and sequenced by the student and the student’s advisor, as some required courses are offered intermittently.

Lindenwood University
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301