As a pre-dental student you will follow the Lindenwood curriculum for either a bachelor of science degree in biological science, or a bachelor of science degree in chemistry with an emphasis in biochemistry.
Either of these degrees will get you the prerequisite coursework that you need to be a good candidate for application to a dental school. These courses include:
- General Chemistry at least 2 semesters (with laboratories)
- General Biology at least 2 semesters (with laboratories)
- Organic Chemistry - 2 semesters (with laboratories)
- General Physics - 2 semesters (with laboratories)
- English Reading and Composition - 2 semesters
- Students must also complete an entrance test (MCAT, GRE, DAT or OAT)
It is generally recommended that as you complete the degree, if you have specific dental schools in mind, that you should work with your major advisor to make sure that you complete any specific courses that are required by that school.