Lindenwood University offers you the opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Science in public health. A BS in public health will prepare you for careers in health promotion and disease prevention, administrative roles in public health, or to obtain advanced degrees in medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, or public health.
Bachelor of Science (BS) offered in On-campus formats.
By earning a bachelor of science in public health, you will attain the skills and the knowledge to improve health and reduce the risk for disease for individuals and communities. We are the prevention people! We help people make healthy choices so they lead long, healthy, and productive lives.
The Public Health program at Lindenwood is committed to a real-world experiences, small class sizes, and access to community organizations that will enhance your classroom learning. Our faculty have diverse experiences that they incorporate into their teaching, and broad professional networks to aid in students' development. All students obtain an internship their senior year at such locations as health departments, community coalitions, research centers, nonprofit agencies, federally qualified health centers and local political campaigns.
- Cell Science and Biology Emphasis For students wanting to enter medical school, physician's assistant programs, or other advanced professional degrees such as dentistry. If you choose the cell science and biology (pre-professional) option, you will be prepared to apply for medical school or other advanced professional degree programs.
- Community and Population Health For students wanting to enter a career in health care immediately upon graduation. The communities and aggregates emphasis is designed for students majoring in public health who are preparing for careers in health promotion and disease prevention in health departments and community agencies.
- Public Health Minor For students wanting to improve their understanding of health and illness as a compliment to their major. Any pre-medicine or pre-professional student would benefit from a minor in public health.
What Can You Do with a Degree in Public Health from Lindenwood University?
Possible career options with a Public Health degree:
- Health education & health promotion in hospitals, health departments, and non-governmental organizations
- Local or state health departments, or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Communicable disease and infection control programs in hospitals and other health institutions
- Public health research
If you choose the Cell Science and Biology (pre-professional) option, you will be prepared to apply for medical school or other advanced professional degree programs.
Athletic Training (MS)
- Admission Criteria and Application Process
Exercise Science (BS)
- Exercise Science Articulation Agreements
Health Sciences (MS)
- Current Students
Computer Science Resources
- Prospective Students
- Advising Tools
- Program Information
- Research Opportunities