Lindenwood University Residential Life strives to provide quality residential communities that encourage residents’ personal growth and development.
Lindenwood University offers eight male and female residence halls, centrally located on our main campus. Each residence hall is supervised by a live-in Area Coordinator (AC). He/she oversees the general well-being and safety of the resident. Resident students may direct questions, concerns, or ideas about residential living to an Area Coordinator, Assistant Area Coordinator or Community Advisor.
Freshman Male Residence Halls
Male Residence Halls
Freshman Female Residence Halls
Female Residence Halls
Coed Residence Halls
- Linden Terrace Houses (Cunningham Apartments)
Students are encouraged and expected to take responsibility for themselves in their place of residence and to be responsible to the community in which they live. Active participation in residential activities aids residents in developing a sense of community spirit.
In order to live in campus housing, students must be enrolled in classes for the upcoming semester (12 hours for undergraduate students; graduate/quarter students should refer to their program requirements for full-time status). Any student falling below full-time status will be asked to leave Lindenwood housing. Failure to register for classes by the last day of the term will result in the loss of a housing assignment.
Rooms are assigned by the University to each resident student. The student’s assigned room is to be occupied as a residence by the student and for no other purpose. The University does not guarantee any student the assignment of a specific room in a specific residential building, nor does it guarantee the assignment of a specific roommate. Housing rosters are maintained as official records of the University. Assigned rooms are held for the students for 48 hours from the start of the first day of classes. Students must notify the Residential Life office at ResLife@lindenwood.edu of their late arrival. If no arrangement for late arrival has been made, the late student’s room is subject to reassignment.
Lindenwood University is your new home, and we want to provide assistance whenever it is needed. If you have a maintenance issue, we will help get it resolved. All requests will be routed through Area Coordinators. If you have a maintenance emergency, you can reach maintenance in the Campus Facilities Office from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at (636) 949-4922. Any issues after regular office hours or on weekends should be directed to Lindenwood Office of Public Safety and Security at (636) 949-4911. They will contact the on-call maintenance person, who will evaluate your problem. The Office of Residential Life will also be notified, so we can track your problem and make sure it's resolved.
Approved Items for Residents
Suggested/Allowed Dorm Items:
• Refrigerator 33 inches tall and under
• Keurig or other small coffee maker
• Twin XL bedding (comforter, sheets and mattress cover)
• Twin XL mattress padding foam/egg crate foam
• Surge protector multi plug cord
• Television (cable cord needed)
• 3m Command Strips/hooks for any wall decoration
• Personal decorations/items
• Bed Risers
• Over closet shoe organizer
• Shower curtain
• Bath mat
• Toiletries (body wash, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste)
• Bathroom towels (bath, washcloths and hand towels)
• Bathroom cleaning supplies
• Additional lamps/lighting
• Room rug
• Laundry basket and supplies (detergent, fabric softener and dryer sheets)
• Trash can
*All items are suggestions but not requirements. If you have any further questions about any items you want to bring, please contact your Area Coordinator or call the Residential Life Office at (636) 949-4848
Items You Cannot Bring:
• Any item with a hot plate (individual hot plate, electric kettle, etc.)
• Any item with heated coils (toaster, toaster oven, individual heater, etc.)
• Candles or any open flames
• Animals (may have fish)
• Refrigerator taller than 33 inches
• Alcohol or drugs
• Nails or Screws for wall decoration
Visitation within University residences must be managed with concern for personal safety, security, and consideration for the well being of all students. Visitation is a privilege that is granted by the University because it has faith in the students’ ability to be responsible. However, the privilege requires certain understandings, restrictions, and responsibilities. Violations of the regulations may result in immediate eviction and/or dismissal from the University and/or University housing. For the purposes of this policy, a visitor is defined as any person who does not reside in a particular residence and is 18 years of age or older.
Visitation Days and Hours (Single Gender Residence Halls)
Visitation begins on the first day of the semester and ends on the last day of the semester.
Monday – Thursday 12:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Friday 12:00 p.m. through Sunday 12:00 a.m. (overnight visitation approved)
Visitation for non-traditional housing and co-ed residence halls is 24/7
- Non-Lindenwood visitors under the age of 18 are not allowed.
- ALL visitors are required to be escorted by their Lindenwood host at all times. A violation will result in disciplinary sanctions.
- It is the responsibility of the host to ensure his or her visitors are aware of University policies and that those policies are followed.
- Each resident is approved to have only one overnight visitor at a time during the authorized hours of visitation.
- Visitors who are in violation of the policies will be asked to leave and the host could face disciplinary action.
- ALL overnight visitors must be approved by their roommate(s) prior to entering the student’s Lindenwood residence.
- All visitors must provide either a Lindenwood Student ID card or driver’s license (if non-Lindenwood student) upon request from any University faculty/staff member.
- Lindenwood holds the student host responsible for the visitor’s actions and behavior.
Hotel and Rental Car Information
Hotel Phone Number Miles from Campus Ameristar (636) 940-4300 2 Best Western (636) 946-6936 1.5 Comfort Suites – St. Charles (636) 949-0694 2 Comfort Inn – O’Fallon (636) 696-8000 10 Country Inn & Suites (636) 724-5555 2 Embassy Suites (636) 946-5544 2 Fairfield Inn (636) 946-1900 2 Hampton Inn (636) 947-6800 4 Holiday Inn Express (636) 757-6100 3 TownePlace Inn (636) 949-6800 2.5
Lindenwood Homecoming Rental Car Provider
(Ask for Lindenwood University rate)
Bobby Kurtzeborn or Ashley Ruble