Lindenwood University encourages its students to organize and participate in group activities in order to broaden their scope of general learning, knowledge in specialized areas, and to furnish increased options for service and social activity.
While students may informally create groups, having your organization officially recognized by Lindenwood Student Government comes with a number of benefits, including:
- Use of the Lindenwood name in association with your organization
- Use of Lindenwood facilities for meetings and events
- Access to Involve U, a student organization management system that provides you the communication tools necessary to better promote and manage your organization and its activities
- Entry on a co-curricular transcript noting your involvement in this organization
- Opportunity to apply for funding for activities and events
- Opportunity to host fundraising events on campus
- Student Involvement assistance in organizational development, event planning, leadership development, etc.
- Assistance with promotion of your organization, including events and activities
- Electronic and printed listing in directory of recognized student organizations
- Stability of a written constitution
- Faculty/staff advisor for support
- Residence Halls
- Student Organizations
- Fraternity & Sorority Life