LU IRB#: IRB-21-57
PI: Chad Kerksick, PhD
Description of Study
The purpose of this study is to examine the pattern of plasma amino acid appearance after a two-week daily regimen of plant protein concentrate supplementation with and without the addition of Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086 among older women.
Exercise and Performance Nutrition Laboratory (Fieldhouse 126)
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301
Number of Visits
Visits 1: Approximately 45 Minutes
Visits 2-3: Approximately 4 Hours
$300 (Direct Deposit)
Point of Contact
Research Sample Needed
- 30 healthy, physically active women.
- Between the ages of 50 - 70 years of age.
- Currently participating in at least 30 minutes of physical activity at minimum three days per week.
- As indicated on a medical history form they complete, any individual who is currently being treated for or diagnosed with a cardiac, respiratory, circulatory, musculoskeletal, metabolic, obesity (defined as body mass index > 30 kg/m2), immune, autoimmune, psychiatric, hematological, neurological or endocrinological disorder or disease.
- Any woman who is taking a medication known to impact digestive function or hormonal functions that may impact how our body digests, absorbs, or metabolizes nutrients.
- Any woman currently taking a probiotic or a dietary supplement that may impact digestive function or hormonal functions that may impact how our body digests, absorbs, or metabolizes nutrients.
- Women who are pregnant.
Are You Eligible?
Information provided here reflects current IRB approval for this research. However, this information may be subject to change and updated accordingly.
- Economic Education Center
Exercise and Performance Nutrition Lab (EPNL)
Participate in Research
- A Pilot Study to Examine Changes in Resistance Training Adaptations After Leucine and Dileucine Ingestion
- Participate in Research
- The Hammond Institute for Free Enterprise
- Lindenwood Film Series
Center for Engaged Learning
- Summer Abroad Programs
- Faculty-Led Courses (2021-22)
- Career Services
- Fellowship Opportunities
- Arrow Rock
- Past Issues
- Student Academic Showcase
About the Lindenwood Library
- Media and Gaming Lab
Mary E. Ambler Archives
- Research Resources
- Writing Center
- Academic Services
- Accessibility Services
- First-Year Programs
- Provost and Academic Affairs
Student and Academic Support Services (SASS)
- Academic Support Services