Modality refers to the way that students receive instruction. Lindenwood University is proud to offer two modalities for our degree programs: online and on-ground. Students are admitted as either online or on-ground students and are expected to complete the majority of their coursework via mobility under which they were admitted. If an undergraduate student is considering shifting their mode of study from on-ground, classroom instruction to online learning (or from online to on-ground), they should be aware of a few potential ramifications.
- Students who transition from on ground to online will lose eligibility of certain Lindenwood University grants and scholarships.
- Tuition costs will change from a flat-rate to a per-credit-hour-rate.
- Student athletes should contact their coach before changing from on-ground to online.
- Veterans who are interested in changing to online education should contact the university’s Veteran Affairs office.
- For international students, switching to all online classes could jeopardize your visa status; international students should contact the Office of Admissions and Services for International Students with any concerns about taking on-ground classes.
Once a student has conferred with the necessary offices, they can download and complete the Petition for Change of Modality form with their advisor and email it to Academic Services.