Weekend Closure | COVID-19 Information

Weekend Closure | COVID-19 Information

Weekend Closure (January 15-17)

Due to inclement weather and potentially hazardous road conditions predicted for the St. Charles area this weekend, the Lindenwood University campus will be closed this weekend, Saturday, January 15 and Sunday, January 16. All in-person campus activities are canceled. Virtual events may continue as planned. Dining services remain open for normal operation.

In addition, the University will be closed Monday, January 17 in recognition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

COVID-19 Information

Lindenwood continues to monitor the COVID-19 campus and make decisions in the best interest of the community. Students and employees demonstrating symptoms should complete the Initial Assessment Survey. COVID-19 Response and Resources.






Modality refers to the way that students receive instruction. Lindenwood University is proud to offer two modalities for our degree programs: online and on-ground. Students are admitted as either online or on-ground students and are expected to complete the majority of their coursework via mobility under which they were admitted. If an undergraduate student is considering shifting their mode of study from on-ground, classroom instruction to online learning (or from online to on-ground), they should be aware of a few potential ramifications.

  • Students who transition from on ground to online will lose eligibility of certain Lindenwood University grants and scholarships.
  • Tuition costs will change from a flat-rate to a per-credit-hour-rate.
  • Student athletes should contact their coach before changing from on-ground to online.
  • Veterans who are interested in changing to online education should contact the university’s Veteran Affairs office.
  • For international students, switching to all online classes could jeopardize your visa status; international students should contact the Office of Admissions and Services for International Students with any concerns about taking on-ground classes.

Once a student has conferred with the necessary offices, they can download and complete the Petition for Change of Modality form with their advisor and email it to Academic Services.

Beyond the Classroom