LU IRB#: IRB-19-212
PI: Chad Kerksick, PhD
Description of Study
The purpose of this study is to examine the impact of probiotic administration on symptoms commonly associated with depression, anxiety, stress, and sleep quality in healthy men and women.
Exercise and Performance Nutrition Laboratory (Fieldhouse 126)
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301
Number of Visits
60-90 Minutes Per Visit
$200 (Direct Deposit)
Point of Contact
Research Sample Needed
- 70 healthy men and women
- Between 18 – 50 years of age.
- Body mass index (BMI) between 18.5 – 30 kg/m2.
- If BMI is between 30 – 32 kg/m2, body composition must be <25% fat for men and <35% for women.
- Weight stable for the past three months (defined as less than a 5% variation in body mass over this time).
- Absence of disease or disorder required physician treatment.
- Currently diagnosed or being treated for any medical condition that will preclude their safe participation or will contraindicate reported outcomes.
- Currently diagnosed with or are being treated for celiac disease, lactose intolerance, digestive insufficiencies or other gastrointestinal complications such as irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, etc.
- Anabolic steroid use within the past 30 days.
- Illicit or recreational drug use within the past 30 days.
- Intake of any prescription or over-the-counter medications (i.e., antibiotics) that may impact study outcomes.
- Current use of any dietary supplements known to impact digestion or sleep quality for the past 30 days.
- Taking a probiotic within the past 30 days.
- Actively trying to lose weight.
- Currently following a ketogenic or low carbohydrate diet within the past 30 days.
Are You Eligible?
Information provided here reflects current IRB approval for this research. However, this information may be subject to change and updated accordingly.
- Economic Education Center
Exercise and Performance Nutrition Lab (EPNL)
Participate in Research
- Participate in Research
- The Hammond Institute for Free Enterprise
- Lindenwood Film Series
Center for Engaged Learning
- Summer Abroad Programs
- Faculty-Led Courses (2021-22)
- Career Services
- Fellowship Opportunities
- Arrow Rock
- Past Issues
- Student Academic Showcase
About the Lindenwood Library
- Media and Gaming Lab
Mary E. Ambler Archives
- Research Resources
- Writing Center
- Academic Services
- Accessibility Services
- First-Year Programs
- Provost and Academic Affairs
Student and Academic Support Services (SASS)
- Academic Support Services