Are you the first in your immediate family to attend college?
First-Generation Students defined by Lindenwood University are students whose parents did not attend college. Students at Lindenwood University who are the first to attend college within their immediate family are considered first-gen. It is important to note that even if a sibling, aunt, or stepparent attended college, the definition of first-gen comes directly from the college attendance of the student’s biological parents, if known. Lindenwood understands there are unique family situations so students are able to self-identify as they deem appropriate in comparing the definition to their own personal situation. All first-generation students are invited to be a member of the First-Generation Collegians.
First Generation Collegians (FGC) are supported by the Department of First-Year Programs (FYP). First-Generation Collegians are first-generation students, faculty, and staff whose parents did not attend college before they attended. FYP, first-generation faculty and staff engage first-generation college students and provide academic, social, and mentorship support throughout their experience at Lindenwood. All students who identify as a first-generation student are welcome to be a member of the First-Generation Collegians. FGC meets on a regular basis throughout the school year and first-gen students can also request a first-gen mentor.
- Economic Education Center
- Esports Performance and Innovation Center (EPIC)
Exercise and Performance Nutrition Lab (EPNL)
Participate in Research
- A Pilot Study to Examine Changes in Resistance Training Adaptations After Leucine and Dileucine Ingestion
- A Randomized, Crossover Pilot to Examine the Acute Impact of Veillonella Supplementation on Exercise and Lactate Responses
- A Randomized Double-Blind Prospective Evaluation of the Cognitive Impacts of a Dietary Supplement in Healthy Adults
- Participate in Research
- The Hammond Institute for Free Enterprise
Center for Engaged Learning
- Career Services
- Fellowship Opportunities
- Arrow Rock
- Student Academic Showcase
- Academic Services
- Accessibility Services
- First-Year Programs
Student and Academic Support Services (SASS)
- Academic Support Services