Enhance your life and your resume by studying one of the world’s most influential languages!
- Learn skills needed to apply Spanish to virtually any profession.
- Study Spanish to increase job prospects, elevate cultural sensitivity, and become a more flexible thinker and problem-solver.
- Choose from hands-on experiences, such as internships with multicultural organizations or study abroad opportunities in Spanish-speaking countries around the world.
- Explore numerous career paths, including in the legal profession, government service, political campaigns, or non-profit organizations and businesses.
- Develop flexible and innovative thinking that is of outmost importance to graduate schools, professional programs, and virtually every business in today’s rapidly changing economic landscapes.
- Develop life-long skills such as effective writing, critical thinking, and problem solving.
The certificate in Spanish will help you learn the skills needed to successfully communicate at the advanced level. After completing the required coursework, you will be able to effectively communicate in speaking and writing with Spanish speakers you’ll encounter in your educational and professional life. All courses focus on developing speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills along with cultural awareness and sensitivity. Completing the certificate can also help you satisfy up to four different General Education requirements.
The certificate requires 15 credit hours.