W. Travis McMaken
McCluer Hall 112
Dr. McMaken is professor of religion and associate dean of College of Arts and Humanities at Lindenwood University. His writing engages primarily with 20th-century theology (esp. Protestant theology, with specialization in Karl Barth, Helmut Gollwitzer, and T. F. Torrance) while working constructively on the subjects of sacramentology, ecclesiology, and political theology.
Dr. McMaken has taught the following courses:
- Star Wars and Religion
- World Religions
- Christianity & Politics
- The Story of Christianity
- Religions of China
- Christian Theology
- Protestant and Catholic Reformations
- Interdisciplinary Research
- Love & Sex (Interdisciplinary seminar)
- Drugs & Medicine (Interdisciplinary seminar)
- Thor & Friends (First-year seminar)
- “Barth on Baptism,” in George Hunsinger and Keith L. Johnson (eds.), Wiley Blackwell Companion to Karl Barth (Wiley Blackwell, forthcoming).
- Ashley Cocksworth and W. Travis McMaken (eds.), Karl Barth: Spiritual Writings, Classics of Western Spirituality (Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press, under contract).
- W. Travis McMaken, Our God Loves Justice: An Introduction to Helmut Gollwitzer (Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press, 2017).
- W. Travis McMaken and David W. Congdon (eds.), Karl Barth in Conversation (Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2014).
- W. Travis McMaken, The Sign of the Gospel: Toward an Evangelical Doctrine of Infant Baptism after Karl Barth (Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press, 2013).
- “Baptism,” in Adam J. Johnson (ed.), T & T Clark Companion to the Atonement (New York: Bloomsbury T&T Clark, 2017), 393–97.
- “Actualism, Dualism, and Onto-Relations: Interrogating Torrance’s Criticism of Barth’s Doctrine of Baptism,” Participatio 6 (2016): 1–31.
- “‘Shalom, Shalom, Shalom Israel!’ Jews and Judaism in Helmut Gollwitzer’s Life and Theology,” Studies in Christian-Jewish Relations 10.1 (2015): 1–22.
- “Definitive, Defective, or Deft? Reassessing Barth’s Doctrine of Baptism in CD IV/4,” International Journal of Systematic Theology 17.1 (2015): 89–114.
Dr. Barbara Hosto-Marti
- Art and Design (BA)
- Art and Design (MA)
- Fashion Business and Entrepreneurship (BS)
- English (BA)
- History (BA)
- Communications (BA)
- Dance (BA, BFA)
- Theatre (BA, BFA)
- Music Resources